Join the MIJARC Europe Team and become our new part-time administrative and Financial Officer!
MIJARC Europe is a non-governmental organisation for rural youth, by rural youth. We promote sustainable agricultural, rural and international development, European citizenship, youth policies, gender equality, environmental protection, interculturality and human rights. In line with our Christian values, we strive to implement and raise awareness about these issues and goals by facilitating inter-cultural non-formal learning opportunities and engaging in advocacy and partnership processes. Employing our methodology of ‘see-judge-act’, we encourage the participation of young people to build the Europe of tomorrow.
We are seeking to hire a resourceful person with strong administrative and financial skills as well as a good understanding of the legal environment of asbl and aisbl in Belgium to fulfil the tasks of a part-time Administrative and Financial Officer. This is a critical role primarily accountable for the effective running of the Secretariat and the office of MIJARC Europe. To be successful in this role you should be passionate about working for non-profit organisation, understanding their specificities and possess an adaptable and proactive approach to work.
1. Job duration and conditions
Role: Part-time Administrative and Financial Officer
Reports to: European Secretary
Duration: Open ended contract (CDI)
Location: Office in Brussels (Rue de l’Industrie 10) with the possibility of occasional travels in Europe.
Working time: Part-time (19 hours per week). We are flexible in how to set the work schedule, either 3 days a week, half-days, etc.
Renumeration: 1275 EUR gross per month
Benefits: 7-euro lunch vouchers on full-working days.
- Accountancy (monitor and maintain all financial records and data within agreed procedure of MIJARC Europe)
- Assist the European Secretary with payments (process all invoices, expense claim forms, etc.)
- Support the effective functioning of the MIJARC Europe’s office;
- Assist the Board and staff members with administration, travel arrangements, documentation;
- Act as the first point of contact for external and internal enquiries to MIJARC Europe by e-mail;
- Support the European Secretary with the legal management of the organisation;
- Supervision of the office maintenance and supplies;
- Responsibility for various other services, for example, the post and the annual publication in Moniteur Belge;
- Support the European Secretary in managing payroll and ensuring compliance with legal requirements connected to our Commission Paritaire and the Belgian legislation.
- Undertake any other related responsibilities commensurate with the evolving objectives of the post and the evolution of the organization, as may reasonably be requested by the Executive Board.
- A relevant degree in administration or finance;
- Experience in administration;
- Experience in logistics, planning and follow-up;
- Experience in managing databases and supplies;
- Experience in HR processes and legal requirement (dealing with the Social Secretariat for payroll, etc.)
- Very good knowledge of Office tools (Word, Excel, etc.);
- Comfortable working with different IT and web management tools, and willingness to learn more tools;
- Comfortable working in teams
- Knowledge of Dutch;
- Previous experience with volunteers of different nationalities;
- Experience of volunteering or work in an NGO;
- Experience with the Commission Paritaire 329
- All applicants must have the right to live and work in Belgium
4. Application procedure
And send your CV (max 2 pages) in a PDF file to email@example.com with the subject line “Application Administration and Financial Officer_Name”.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 24 April 2022 at 23:59 CET
Selected candidates will be invited for a second selection phase as an online or offline interview.
The successful candidate will start at the earliest convenient date but no later than the 9th May 2022. We reserve to close the call earlier if we find the right person for the post.